- Summer Watering
2016 Rules for Outdoor Water Use
Water is a limited resource in our dry climate. Using water wisely not only saves you money, but it’s the right thing to do. Denver Water’s 2016 summer watering rules* are enforced May 1 to Oct. 1, so please use only what you need.
- Water during cooler times of the day — lawn watering is not allowed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Water no more than three days per week.
- Do not allow water to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete and asphalt.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Do not irrigate while it is raining or during high winds.
- Use a hose nozzle with a shut-off valve when washing your car.
*These rules are mandatory. Repeat offenders may be fined.