Owned and Operated by Denver Water
Elevation: 6,842 feet (2,085 meters) — spillway crest
Capacity: 79,064 acre feet (1 acre foot = 325,851 gallons)
Denver Water Customer Care: 303-893-2444
Colorado Parks and Wildlife: 303-291-7227
- From C-470, take U.S. 285 south about 21 miles to Pine Junction.
- Turn left onto Jefferson County 126 and follow this road about 21.5 miles.
- At the bottom of the last hill, the road makes a ninety-degree turn to the left. There is a large parking lot on your right.
- The very next right turn is Forest Service Road 211.
- Turn right and follow Forest Service Road 211 about two miles to the fork in the road.
- Take the left fork and drive another mile to the parking lot at the main entrance gate to Cheesman Reservoir.
Closed Oct. 1 – April 30.
Half-hour before sunrise to half-hour after sunset.
Must be approved by Denver Water.
- Fishing: Allowed only on the Goose Creek Arm.
- Hiking and scenic overview: The upper and lower Gill Trail provides scenic views of the reservoir. Parking for the trailhead is located 200 yards north of the main parking for the reservoir.
Note: Water contact sports such as swimming, water skiing, wading and scuba diving are prohibited.